Welcome To PSPGhetto ! The Land Of Everything PSP ! Forum Index  
 FAQ  •  Search  •  Memberlist  •  Usergroups   •  Register  •  Profile  •  Log in to check your private messages  •  Log in
 My KINGDOMS OF AMALUR review View next topic
View previous topic
VSW

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 1:21 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

:Mai01: :Mai02:
Welcome to my KINGDOMS OF AMALUR review BWAHAHA!!!!
At this point i haven't beaten it yet so i'll be adding more as i go.

Well lets get this outta the way from the start.
BAD! If you haven't played KINGDOMS OF AMALUR & are looking for that sexy armor you've seen online in images of the game well stop looking for it because as far as i know you don't get it.
Or this
Or this either.
As far as regular clothing goes, you don't get anything outside of that yellow square.
I've played KINGDOMS OF AMALUR for hours, doing quests, tasks, side missions. I have 127 completed missions & i've yet to see any sexy armor/clothing for the player to wear.
There might be (slimm to none) a chance there's sexy armor dropped or hidden somewhere but SO-FAR it's NPC exclusive.

GOOD! KINGDOMS OF AMALUR has just beautiful landscapes & scenery i've seen in games.
There's plenty of gorgeous artistic landscape designs, beautiful trees, grass, hills, homes, it's a full pixies fairies trolls fairytale story & the look just does an excellent job of capturing that.

KINGDOMS OF AMALUR is a huge open world game with the ability to fast travel any landmarks you've already visited, or you can travel there by foot.

You can sleep in houses you've acquired through quests or rent a room at an inn, or even find the few bedrolls & sleep there.
The sleeping works like elder scrolls/fallout, sleep hours or days away & heal in the process.
Health can be restored by sleep, healers, potions or equipment with regeneration abilities, as well as magic.

GOOD!In KINGDOMS OF AMALUR there's plenty of challenges & plenty of quests.
You can't go to far without tripping over some random NPC needing help with something. In fact i've avoided so many NPCs in need & still managed to complete over 127 quests & yet to finished the main quest.

GOOD!A great thing is this is NOT like DarkSouls2 with limited enemy respawn, so don't worry about clearing areas & going back to find no enemies when you revisit hours later because enemies do respawn.
Enemies, plants, merchant items, many do respawn after a time.

BAD! HOWEVER KINGDOMS OF AMALUR is NOT like DarkSouls, or any DarkSouls/Demon's Souls game when it comes to difficulty.
YES unfortunately this is another game with causal gamers in mind.
Not to say you won't find challenging enemies or that you won't even die, NO.
It's Not like DarkSouls in that you'll be superior to alot of enemies before you max out your character level on normal play.
It also dares to pull a page (insult i call it) from GodOfWar & asks you would you like to turn down the difficulty setting whenever you die repeatedly.
YES you will die repeatedly, YES i've die repeatedly but that's because i dared challenge the unbeatable & dare face giant enemies not wearing armor.

BAD! YES there are unbeatable enemies, enemies you are NOT suppose to until a certain time or certain enemies can 1-shot you.

BAD! If you're into level grinding, if you love level grinding like meeeee & you've played games like DarkSouls etc, DragonBall XENOVERSE, even SaintsRow:The3rd & SaintsRowIV, Scared2 Fallen Angel, you will disappointed.
Your level maxes out at level 40.
BAD! The enemies do not scale with your level.
Kingdoms of Amalur features an "Area-Level Cap" for enemies, which will permanently lock the enemies in a certain area according to the player's level when he first enters.

As an example, an Area that has an Area Level Range of 2-12 will:

never have enemies lower than Lvl. 2 or higher than Lvl. 12
lock at Lvl. 2 if you enter with a character of Lvl. 0-2
lock at Lvl. 8 if you enter with a character of Lvl. 8
lock at Lvl. 12 if you enter with a character of Lvl. 12+
This level will remain for the rest of the game. Dungeons and "Dungeon-Cities" (Cities you have to enter via door and loading screen) have their own level range - often with a higher upper range than the surrounding area - so if you enter a general area (like Webwood), you will only level-lock the outside enemies, not the ones in Dungeons. In short, enemies do not scale to your level, they stay at the level you had when you first entered an area.

I've read online where gamers actually say DO NOT GRIND because you will reach the level max quickly, & you do.

BAD! Your inventory limit: the carrying limit can be increased to 90 items.
Your inventory stash at home is 155.
And neither is enough.
After hours of questing & free roaming you pick up alot ALOT of equipment & items, you find rare, extra rare equipment, equipment pieces to a set & unique equipment. And you quickly run out of room both in carrying limit & item stash at home.
GOOD! There is a glitch that solves that problem:
1. Go to Mel Senshir
2. SAVE YOUR GAME. !!!
3. Kill the Dokkalfar merchant to the left of where you spawn. *
4. Pay the fine or go to jail.
5. Go to one of your houses and sleep for 4 days. 6. Go back to Mel Senshir.
7. The Dokkalfar merchant you killed will have respawned with fresh inventory.
8. Buy a new backpack.
9. Repeat steps 3 - 8 as needed. * Try to kill him close to where he is supposed to be since when he respawns he winds up wherever he initially dropped.

BAD! Ability points also max out at 123 points total, so the three skill trees you won't open every ability in all three.
BAD! You may have to open abilities you may not want in order to open abilities you actually do, like if you want meteor you'll have to spend so many points in Might on abilities you're not interested in just to open meteor.

:Mai01: :Mai02:

Saying you "Woke" doesn't mean you're awake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Eq5EKr9XY
Triggers & Safe Spaces

Last edited by VSW on Sat Jun 11, 2016 2:09 am; edited 4 times in total
Redbear

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:24 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

I have read that the armor is a random drop armor, so you'll have to grind for hours to get the set.
altho i haven't played it yet, you're not the only one pissed at not having the outfits to choose from, so maybe decide to let them run topless.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2016 2:30 pm Reply with quoteBack to top

Redbear wrote:
I have read that the armor is a random drop armor, so you'll have to grind for hours to get the set.
altho i haven't played it yet, you're not the only one pissed at not having the outfits to choose from, so maybe decide to let them run topless.

Yup.
I wear gloves, sometimes boots & a helmet & that's it.
OH that reminds me..........

Saying you "Woke" doesn't mean you're awake.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68Eq5EKr9XY
Triggers & Safe Spaces

Jump to:   

View next topic
View previous topic